February is American Heart Health. Every year more than 600,000 Americans die from heart disease. The number one cause of deaths for most groups, heart disease affects all ages, genders, and ethnicities. Risk factors include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, and excessive alcohol use.
Throughout the month, our Fitness Team, will be highlighting important information related to heart health and encouraging healthy habits that help reduce the risk of heart disease.
We would love if you all could be part of this effort! Here’s how!
- Wear RED on Friday, Feb 5 for National Wear Red Day
- Send in a recipe of your favorite kosher friendly healthy snack or meal with a picture of snack/meal and yourself. (Meat or dairy recipes only.)
- Send in a description of your favorite health hack, tool, tip strategy etc.
- Share a story or description of a person, book, podcast, or article that inspires or motivates you to be your best self. Include photo or link if possible.
- Take and share selfies of you and your teammates. The more the better! They will be showcased in our #selfiesaturday posts!
Proceeds will go to both the Carole Webb Fund as well as the American Heart Association.