This past weekend we had 69 BWTD swimmers compete at the PTAC Tiger Invitational. Those 69 swimmers collectively achieved 186 best times which include 59 first time swims! That is INCREDIBLE!! Great job to all our BWTD swimmers!!
Two New Team Records!
- Anna Hinerman broke her own 8 & Under 100 breaststroke record
→ Old Record: 2:05.60
→ New Record: 2:01. 74
- Ryan Cervino is our first 8&Under to compete in the 500 freestyle and is now our record holder
→ New Record: 8:24.00
Matteo Gillio is our second youngest this season to compete in the 500 freestyle as a 10 year old! Matteo not only finished his 500 free in under 8 minutes but also broke his own 200 freestyle best time while swimming the 500!
We had several swimmers achieve new Motivational Times!
- Gemma Hong: First BB Time, also has the highest 50 backstroke power points this season on the team
- Caleb Kalafer: 2 First B Times
- Charlie Morehead: First B Time
- Ben DeWitt: First BB Time
- Aditi Kavimandan: BB Time
- Reya Mehta: B Time
On Sunday, January 6 we had 13 of our 8 & Under swimmers attend the Snowball Mini Meet. Those 13 swimmers collectively achieved 41 best times!!
- Ty Bashir: 2nd place in 8-8 100 IM
- Ronav Gopal: 1st place in 7&Under 50 Breast
- Anna Hinerman: 2nd place in 7&Under 50 Breast
- Logan Read: 2nd place in 6&Under 25 Fly; 2nd place in 6&Under 25 Free
The BWTD Coaching Staff is extremely proud of all of the swimmers!!